Professional Bail Bondsman
- Please complete the professional bondsman / runner / surety bondsman application online by selecting SCDOI Online Services. Any trade name used must be shown on the application. The department must be advised immediately of any change in trade name, business, or residence address.
- Pay the license fee of $400. The license fee is non-refundable. Checks should be made payable to the South Carolina Department of Insurance.
- Submit a recent passport-sized photograph after the online application has been completed.
- Provide proof of completion of a 30-hour bail bonding pre-licensing education.
- Provide the original exam score report from PSI. The score report expires 12 months after issuance. Contact PSI directly at 800-733-9267. View exam content outlines.
- Registering for Fingerprinting
- Submit proof of net worth (current bank statement or certificate of deposit).